Sunday, March 31, 2013

GUEST AUTHOR WITH GLENN


HERE THE INTERVIEW

When did you begin to write? 

I started writing in prison on an 11-year sentence for drug charges in California.

When did you first discover that you were a writer? 

After I read a book a day for a couple of years, the idea hit me that I should start writing.

How much did you write before you were published? 

I wrote for seven years on my first novel, Roll Call, and published it when I got released from prison. Here’s the first couple lines of a review from Kirkus Discoveries Nielson Media~ “A harrowing, down-and-dirty depiction--sometimes reminiscent of Steven Soderbergh's Traffic--of America's war on drugs, by former dealer and California artist Langohr. Locked up for a decade on drugs charges and immersed in both philosophical tomes and modern pulp thrillers, Langohr penned Roll Call. A vivid, clamorous account of the war on drugs.”

My next book, Upon Release is the sequel to Roll Call. My wife’s father is a prolific writer from American Media and he reviewed both books and told me to focus on the prison scenes. So I wrote a series called ( Prison Killers ), which follows in this order: Race Riot, Lock Up Diaries, Gladiator, Underdog,  and then Prison Riot. Underdog is my top rated story so far and is about the hunger strike the inmates started at Pelican Bay prison in response to solitary confinement. I have been on the radio and spoke at Universities about it.

What is your favorite part of writing? 

No comments:

DIAMOND AWARD FROM BRANCHOUT

DIAMOND AWARD FROM BRANCHOUT

James Oh received a Diamond Super Connector award on BranchOut.

James Oh is well connected! He is now able to reach out to over 60,000 people and 33,516 companies in his BranchOut professional network to better his career and open doors for new opportunities.

BLOG RATING

Followers

My favorite links!

About Me

My photo

Extremely motivated self-starter looking for my next exciting opportunity in helping people to explore the invisible and achieving the impossible.Lift You Up