Hi! Loving brothers and sisters,
Relevant verses are extracted below for your reference and reading:-
Matthew 5: 14-15 "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house.
Mark 4:21-22 Also He said to them, "Is a lamp brought to be put under a basket, or under a bed? Is it not you to be set on a lampstand? 22 For there is nothing hidden which will not be revealed, nor has anything been kept secret but that it should come to light.
Luke 8:16 -17 "No one, when he has lit a lamp, covers it with a vessel or puts it under a bed, but sets it on a lampstand, that those who enter may see the light. 17 For nothing is secret that will not be revealed, nor anything hidden that will not be known or come to light.
1. Lamp refers to God's Word
2. Lampstand refers to our Heart. As the lamp sits on its stand to illuminate draws the same analogy that God's Word has to dwell in our hearts to shine God's light. Human heart is the place for God's Word to dwell. Once the Word dwells in our heart, we become bright, joyful and content as exactly advocated by Apostle Paul in Philippians 2:15 “you shine as lights in the world.”
For those who holds fast to Word of God are like stars, sparkling brightly in the dark world. As when Word dwells in our heart, we become the light bearer, as the lampstand for God's Word. In other words, through us Word shines the light (Truth) into the dark world. We are the lampstand that tells the truth to the world by shining the light( Truth). We function exactly like the lampstand that share light with people in darkness. We are the lampstand that spreads the Gospel and live by faith.
3. Basket or Bed refers to the place where we hide the lampstand. It clearly indicate to us that we should not hide God's Word due to whatsoever reason we may have.
Therefore, it is crystal clear that the choice is yours. It is up to you whether to place the lamp on the lampstand or under the bowl or bed.
However, both Mark 4:22 and Luke 8:17 plainly tell us that the truth will surface ultimately. The secret of God's Kingdom will be disclosed when the light shines in us. The secret of the evil will be revealed clearly no matter how cleverly it was hidden. We can see clearly when light shines in us. The truth will prevail. Our hidden sins, sorrow and despair will be disclosed whether you like it or not.
Above all, our love, faith and hope in Jesus Christ that are kept in our hearts will be exposed as well. Ultimately, nothing can be hidden from God’s eyes. As such, we need to live before God’s eyes not before men’s eyes. We can deceive man but God's Word reveals all things. Therefore, we should shun the secret double life.
I pray to God to reveal the truth to you should there be any other interpretation of this parable.
James Oh received a Diamond Super Connector award on BranchOut.
James Oh is well connected! He is now able to reach out to over 60,000 people and 33,516 companies in his BranchOut professional network to better his career and open doors for new opportunities.
- ► 2013 (70)
- ► 2012 (129)
- ► 2011 (54)
- ► 2010 (39)
- HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010 !!!
- The Most Beautiful Advice 9
- The Most Beautiful Advice 8
- The True Meaning of Christmas
- The Most Beautiful Advice 7
- The ultimate trip ... see you there! ...
- The Book of Number 22 -25.
- A GOOD ONE INDEED!
- THE MOST BEAUTIFUL ADVICE 6
- PARABLE OF LAMP UNDER A BOWL
- True love
- WISE AND FOOLISH BUILDERS
- THE MOST BEAUTIFUL ADVICE 5
- ▼ December (13)